KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
Handmade & Vintage Treasures

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In His Word Wednesday: Matthew 10:42

Matthew 10:42
And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward.

I would like to point out two things that I think of when I read this verse. First, God doesn't reward only "big" jobs and "important"works. He loves to give and He loves to reward obedience, no matter how "small"or ïnsignificant" it may seem to us. Giving a glass of water, smiling, saying kind words such as "thank you" or "have a nice day," could be just what that person need that day. Second, it also reminds me that we can do things for God just for the rewards we one day will receive. It has to come from our love of God. Think about it, when you really love someone what do you usually do? You do things that show that person you love them or to make them happy. True acts of service stem from a sincere love of God and a desire to please Him.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha