KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
Handmade & Vintage Treasures

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In His Word Wednesday: Colossians 3:4


Colossians 3:4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
“We woefully shortchange our earthly experience if we, with well-meaning hearts, relegate Christ to the top of our list of priorities and demand that he stay put.

We’ve been taught to live by lists of priorities but, if marriage is second on my list, what will happen without Christ’s intervention? If children are third on our list, what will become of them if Jesus sticks to our church category and doesn’t invade our parenting? If friendships are fourth on our list, how can we ever hope to break our cycle of broken relationships without Him who is wholeness incarnate? Colossians 3:4 doesn’t call Jesus number one in your life. It says He ‘is your life’.

If it has something to do with us, then it has something to do with Him.

If we’re willing, God is our song when we are happy, our escape when we are tempted, our hope when we’re despairing, our joy in tribulation, our strength in weakness, and our immortality in dying. Ultimately, He Himself is our health.” - Beth Moore
 
May your echo the words of the hymn “It Is Well With My Soul.”

 

10 comments:

  1. That is totally cool! Being a Christian for many decades I've always known that Jesus needs "to be my life" - but I've never heard it described like you did - it's so clear!
    Thanks
    Angie
    www.godsgrowinggarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a good perspective! You also posted one of my favorite old hymns. I just listened to it with my toddler boy on my lap. He was ALL over the place this morning, and that hymn calmed him down. I'm putting more Christian music on now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this! You nailed it right on the head...Jesus IS our life! Amen! It Is Well With My Soul is my favorite hymn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad ya'll have been blessed by today's post.

    Susan, I'm glad your toddler was calmed by the music. I listen to all kinds of christian music, some get me excited and others put me at peace. I think a lot of the old hymns have that relaxing, peaceful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I was saved 10 years I finally realized that Jesus was not just my Savior but that I had to ask Him to be LORD OF MY LIFE, two different things. As the years go by I realize that He is in EVERY aspect of my life. Nothing happens by coincidence....HE is in it ALL. LOVE the song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all that I just read - the post and comments! Praise God that he doesn't just save us and leave us here - He lives in us!! Thank you Lord Jesus for the Cross which has made this miracle possible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that hymn, thanks for sharing.I am guessing you all have heard about the tragic circumstances that prompted the hymn to be written? Go and google it if you have not. Great example of faith in all situations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful song. We had that song sung at our wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully said and love that song!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha