KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
USDA Licensed Breeder of African Pygmy Hedgehogs

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

For the love of fabric...

One of my favorite things about sewing is picking out the fabrics. You sewers (is that even a word?) know what I mean, whether you are at the fabric store or rummaging through your own supply...finding those pieces that just compliment each other is an exuberating feeling.
I have a habit of just buying fabric because it interest me or sometimes I have an idea for it, hence the tubs full of fat quarters, 1/4, 1/2, and yard pieces. My intentions are good but sometimes the idea was not so good. Okay, so I'm a fabric hoarder!
Maybe a hoarder in the beginning, but not so much now. I have reached maximum storage space and refuse to purchase any more tubs.
So now, when I have an idea, I love to sit in the floor and sift through my fabrics, matching and contrasting pieces till I have the perfect pieces. Often times, more ideas start flowing and I usually end up pulling fabrics for those too. This gets me motivated and excited about the next projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha