KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
Handmade & Vintage Treasures

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

For the love of fabric...

One of my favorite things about sewing is picking out the fabrics. You sewers (is that even a word?) know what I mean, whether you are at the fabric store or rummaging through your own supply...finding those pieces that just compliment each other is an exuberating feeling.
I have a habit of just buying fabric because it interest me or sometimes I have an idea for it, hence the tubs full of fat quarters, 1/4, 1/2, and yard pieces. My intentions are good but sometimes the idea was not so good. Okay, so I'm a fabric hoarder!
Maybe a hoarder in the beginning, but not so much now. I have reached maximum storage space and refuse to purchase any more tubs.
So now, when I have an idea, I love to sit in the floor and sift through my fabrics, matching and contrasting pieces till I have the perfect pieces. Often times, more ideas start flowing and I usually end up pulling fabrics for those too. This gets me motivated and excited about the next projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha