KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
Handmade & Vintage Treasures

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pooch Pretzel Tutorial

I'm so excited, I received my first order for my homemade Pooch Pretzels. I thought I'd record this moment with some pictures and a tutorial.

The order was for large, cheese pretzels.

Sifting the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, cornmeal, and oats.

Add in your wet ingredients: cheddar cheese, eggs (fresh from our farm), water, 2% milk, minced garlic, and margarine.

Place dough on a floured surface and knead into a firm ball. Adding some flour to make firm.

Roll out into a 1/4" thickness.

Cut into 1/2" x 6" strips. I don't have a dough cutter so I use a wide spatula.

Then twist the strips ( I couldn't hold my camera remote and do this at the same time...LOL) and place on a grease baking sheet. I make squares with the left over dough for my dogs.

Brush the top with an egg wash.

Sprinkle tops with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.

Bake at lower temperature for a long time for a good crispy treat.

The wienies know I'm making treats. I have to make them stay at the edge of the kitchen of they get stepped on. They are always searching for dropped morsels of cheese. Their favorite flavor is cheese.

These treats are made with real cheese and not flavoring, so I recommend storing them in the refrigerator. Although they can be stored on the counter top in a loose container up to 2 weeks.




2 comments:

  1. This has me drooling, lol! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! I was doing a little drooling too. The kitchen smells wonderful of garlic and cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha