KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
Handmade & Vintage Treasures

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wonderfully Delicious Mint Brownies

I find myself attracted and often craving a particular sweet more than any other. When I see a recipe containing the words "mint chocolate", I'm immediately intrigued and scanning the ingredients to see if I have them on hand. I have tried many different kinds, some are wonderful, mouth watering creations (yes, my mouth is watering just thinking about them), some I quickly discard. Today I want to share with all of you who's mouth waters at just the mention of "mint chocolate", my all time favorite mint brownie recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 1 box brownie mix (for a 9" x 13" pan), plus ingredients needed per package directions
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips
For the frosting:
  • 1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2-3 tablespoons softened butter, divided
  • 2-3 tablespoons milk
  • 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
  • a few drops of green food coloring (optional)
For chocolate drizzle:
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1-2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup Andes mint chips (crumbled)
Preparation:
Prepare your brownies in a 9" x 13" pan according to the package directions; adding 1 cup of chocolate chips to mixture before baking.
Frosting:
To make the frosting, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar until desired consistency is reached. Add the mint extract and food color. Mix thoroughly. Spread over brownies and spread.



Drizzle:
Melt chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of butter, stirring until smooth. Be careful not to burn the mixture. Add vanilla, blending completely. Drizzle over frosting. Sprinkle crumbled mint chips over the top. Cool or chill in refrigerator until set, cut into squares.



5 comments:

  1. This look amazing! I'm going to try this out over the weekend! =)

    ~Kim
    from Blogging Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look soooo good! Also, I wanted to let you know that I chose your blog for the versatile blogger award and your blog is featured on mine! http://heversonart.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-won-versitile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Thank you for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. o that looks really good. I love anything mint and chocolate... like the mint chocolate ice cream.. =) Mmm thanks for sharing. I will have to try this.

    bloglovetherapy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha