KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
Handmade & Vintage Treasures

Monday, June 20, 2011

Fun at the Georgia Dachshund Races

This past Saturday I got to go to the Georgia Dachshund Races in Marietta, GA. This race was held by Metro Atlanta Dachshund Meetup Group and the proceeds were going to Dreamland Dachshund Rescue. It was held at Jim R. Miller Park, which had and indoor, air-conditioned building. They had set up a racing area in the center of the building with several vendors with awesome doggie stuff along the walls. Spectators sat and stood along the sides of the racing area. They had several other events besides the races, such as best nose, different coat colors/types/patterns, oldest/youngest, longest, smallest/biggest, etc. Here's just a few of the photos I took there.

Spectators waiting for the next event.
Showing off her wheels.
Another double dapple
A long haired cutie.
"Please let me out and play!"
My boys hanging out with Aaron.
Jumping the hurdle for a treat.
A very large wire haired Doxie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha