KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
Handmade & Vintage Treasures

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

In His Word Wednesday: Isaiah 26:3

I have to confess that although I love travelling, I'm also obsessive about routine. My routine gives me comfort, I guess, because I feel I have control (we all know that's not true.) Small bumps or monkey wrenches in my day aren't a problem, but when I'm totally out of my routine for periods of time, I stress and sometimes panic trying to get back in order. Since I have been on two trips in the last month, you know I am in total panic mode. I'm struggling to piece myself back to routine, yet shaking my head, wondering where to start. 

Fortunately for me, I know where to seek advice when overwhelmed with my inner demons. I came across this verse this morning:
Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."

That's exactly what I need...the peace that only God can give me. How can I have God's peace?

Peace is an inner sense of contentment and quietness, regardless of life's circumstances. It is the presence of joy in the midst of unhappiness. This kind of peace can not come from a pleasant event or something someone may do for us, but only comes from the presence of Holy Spirit in our lives. His peace is complete in anything we may face.

God's peace can be experience by:
1. Focusing on God: When we focus on our problem is seems bigger. We have to train ourselves to keep our focus on God and His work in our lives.
2. Trust Him: God sometimes uses tribulations to teach us and reveal Himself to us. God will never leave us or forsake us. His Word is full or promises and He will keep them.
3. Marinate in His Word: God's Word should be our most prized possession. God speaks to us through His Word and we have to spend time listening what He says. Just like the verse (above) I found this morning, God showed me how to get the peace I need to calm my inner turmoil.

I'm praying that you'll find God's peace in you daily lives.
Blessing to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha