KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
Handmade & Vintage Treasures

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

In HIs Word Wednesday: James 5:15

I have discovered one in my family struggling with sin. My heart is distraught. I have been praying, weeping, and searching God's word for wisdom and guidance. I have found many Scriptures that have helped me, and these two are ones I'm standing on:

James 5:15-16 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

We can't change people, only God can. My plan is to fervently spend time on my knees interceding for this person. Praying God will pursue him, convict his heart, strengthen him, remove the temptation, and turn his heart to Him.

Principles for effective intercession include: (From Charles Stanley's Life Principle Bible)
1. Our prayers must come from the heart: we can't have a heart full of bitterness, resentment, or anger.
2. Our prayers link the persons need with God: God know the person true needs not just the superficial ones we see.
3. We must understand the need of the person: when we fully understand the persons need, our heart fills with compassion and we pray with a new passion.
4. We must desire the best in the person's life: we don't know God's desires for each person's life but we desire wholeness for each person in spirit, mind, body, emotions, relationships, and finances.
5. We must be willing to be part of the answer for that person: we must be willing for God to use us in helping the person in need.
6. We must be willing to persevere: we must keep praying regardless of whether we see immediate results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha