KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
Handmade & Vintage Treasures

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

In His Word Wednesday: Psalm 51:17

I don't have the gift of filing needed info in my brain easily. I have to spend time meditating on it (which I like to call "marinating") in order for it to stick. I would like to start sharing, on a weekly basis, the Scripture I am marinating in for that week.

My sister loves the song Better Than A Hallelujah by Amy Grant. I didn't agree with her because, I didn't understand what the song was about. A line says "we pour out our miseries, God just hears a melody," I thought "how can that be better than a hallelujah?"

Then I came across this Scripture: Psalm 51:17 "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise."


God wants us to worship Him with our whole heart. Often we get caught up in a routine and our worship is not from our heart but a habit. He desires us to seek Him everyday, when things in our lives are good or bad, but often we only seek His guidance when trouble rears its ugly head.

In a world where we are consumed by work, activities, and stuff, sometimes the only time God gets the worship He deserves or desires, is when we are to the point of brokenness. The next time I heard the song, my light bulb lit up. God loves when we are broken because that's the time we seek Him with a whole heart.
God wants us to genuinely seek Him, worship Him, and involve Him, in everything we do. So take time to spend with your Heavenly Father daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha