KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
Handmade & Vintage Treasures

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

In His Word Wednesday: Joshua: 1:9

Every week I listen to all the prayer request and my heart goes out to all those facing adversity. I find myself searching God's Word for a solution or comfort for those in need. I know we often ask "why" are we facing these trials in our lives. But we have to know, God is bigger, and we often don't see the bigger picture. God has a plan for us, even in our adversity. Most of the time our adversity is to bring us to a deeper relationship with God. When facing an adversity, we have to be struck with the defining thought "I need God." We need his fellowship and His presence in our lives. I believe God has several goals in our lives by allowing times of suffering and heartache;
  • it gets our attention
  • delivers us from pride
  • reveals our weaknesses and strengths
  • increases our hatred of sin
  • demonstrates the faithfulness of God
  • strengthens our faith
  • removes pride and self-centeredness
  • prepares us for future service
  • enables us to comfort those facing adversity
We are being molded into a mature child of God as we face adversity in our life. Take comfort in knowing that even in our lowest, most vulnerable times, He is with us, which brings us to this weeks verse.

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."


(List provided by Charles Stanley, Life Principles)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha