KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
Handmade & Vintage Treasures

Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Husband Brought Home What?

I love living on a farm with all kinds of animals. They give me inspiration and much laughter. A few months ago, my husband came home with a surprise. I know most of you are thinking something wonderful for me, his precious wife...NOT!
Yes, this is what my hubby brought home to our son, Aaron...a baby garter snake. I know a lot of you are screaming "EEK!", but it really is harmless. The little thing is nothing more than a glorified earthworm. My husband found it caught in a spider web at his fire station, if that tells you just how small this snake is. We have had a hard time finding things to feed it because its mouth is so small. Aaron has to dig up really small earthworms for this teenie little snake. He also named him Sneaky. I find that name rather appropriate and very cute.
At my husbands fire station, there has been a stray, feral cat that has been hanging around for a few months. He's been putting food out for her but can't get his hands on her. She recently showed up with a few kittens. Now, hubby has caught and taken on the task of taming these little wild cats. The calmer of the three, he brought home on Halloween to be part of our family.
I hear you saying "aaahh" now. I named her Boo because he brought her home on Halloween. She is proving to be quite the handful, although she is impoving daily. Compared to our other cats, I consider her a "needy" cat. She has to have someone in her vision all the time. She doesn't mind vocalizing her disapproval either.
Like all little kittens, she is adorable and very playful. Junior has a good playmate to keep him busy. I do think she's even learning how to manipulate him.
With all these animals on our farm, I'm praying that no one brings anything else home.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes...I said "EEEEeeeek!" LOL And Sneaky is a great name. =)
    And then I scrolled down further, and I did say "Aaaawww" because that kitty is so darn cute!!
    Great post! =)
    ~Kim
    from Blogging Buddies team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times at your house!

    I found your blog through the Blogging Buddies team. Glad to be a new follower!

    Lynette - Sweet Posy Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitten is adorable!

    Found you on the blog buddies team and am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a snake person, and not a cat person either..but Boo is adorable. We have a bunny named Bumblebee. It was between that or Optimus Prime. The kids chose the name.

    I hope you had a great weekend.
    Carla

    blueberryjunkie.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha