KingMtnTreasures

KingMtnTreasures
Handmade & Vintage Treasures

Monday, October 24, 2011

Product Review: Sew-On Labels

I'm always purchasing different items, so I thought it would be a good idea to share my thoughts on my purchases. And what better place to share my opinion than my blog...

Since I have been getting serious about my business, I have found several things I need to improve. One of the things I needed was labels on all my creations. I researched different types such as sew-on or iron-on labels. I looked at several stores and decided to order from Inked Papers. This store has several choices in labels including; different sizes in width and length, hundreds of fonts and colors, and some graphics. One of the things I liked best is that they come in a roll that you cut yourself.
It took longer than I expected for my labels to arrive. I will make sure I order replacements earlier than needed. They arrived in a white cardboard folder and neatly wrapped in brown paper.
 My labels were rolled neatly in a plastic bag, plus I receive a receipt and a very nice thank you note.
I am pleased with everything except the color. I chose a dark pink to go with my pink theme, and I wanted it to be dark enough to see. It looks more red than pink. I will order from here again, but I will probably lighten the pink.


7 comments:

  1. Interesting review! Am in the process of ordering some labels for my products and doing it the old-fashioned way does seem to be pricey and long-winded. If the way I've started doesn't work, may I come back to you for advice, please?

    Many thanks in advance. Isobel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a review on this type of item before. Great review! You're right...In the pics, the color of the wording does look red.
    ~Kim
    from Blogging Buddies team

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea the labels came rolled up and not seperated out. Handy product though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for writing this review and posting pics. I've been needing some kind of label and I think these would be perfect. I love how your labels turned out; the color is deep but still looks pink to me. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to ask... what size labels did you order?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I they come in many sizes but the ones I got are 1/2" x 1". The size is main reason I chose these labels. I had a hard time finding labels smaller than 1". I make small stuff that needs a small label.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary sorry, I miss typed. They are 1/2" x 1 1/2".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post. I enjoy hearing your thoughts. Tisha